Here are a few easy steps to get you started:
1. To begin, just select “Shopping Cart Price Rules” from the “Promotions” menu.
2. Next, click the “Add New Rule” button located in the upper right corner.
3. Give the new rule a name and a description. (This is just for your benefit, so you remember which coupon is which).
4. Then change the status to “Active”.
5. Next, you’re going to want to select which customer groups the rule applies to (usually all).
6. If you choose to, you can enter a coupon code. If you choose not to enter a coupon code, the free shipping will automatically apply if the conditions (spending over $100, in this case) are met.
7. Then you need to enter the number of times the coupon is allowed to be used by anyone. For instance, if the coupon is only available to the first 100 customers, put 100 (if unlimited, put zero).
8. Next, enter the number of times each individual customer is allowed to use the coupon. (If you only want a customer to be able to use this offer once, enter the number 1).
9. Enter the dates when the coupon is available. If there is no end date, just leave the space blank.
10. Then enter the priority of the coupon, zero being the highest (order in which the rules are processed).
11. Next, select “Conditions” from the menu on the left.
12. Here you need to select “Subtotal” from the dropdown menu, then click on the word “is” and from that dropdown menu select “Equals or Greater Than”, then click on the “…” and enter 100 (or the amount required to receive free shipping).
13. Now, select “Actions” from the menu on the left.
14. Don’t worry- you’re almost done! Now, next to “Apply to shipping amount”, select “Yes”.
15. Next to “Free Shipping” select the option “For shipment with matching items”.
16. Last but not least, click the “Save Rule” button located in the upper right corner.
You’re all set!